Please read this.
· You are responsible for the use of the computer and the Internet for the period of your booking. Library staff will monitor your use of the Internet and other computer software, remotely or by visual checks.
You must indicate your acceptance of this policy otherwise you will not be able to use the computers or the Internet.
· Coventry City Council provides free public access to computers and the Internet for your education and learning, information and leisure needs.
· Coventry City Council has no control over the information provided over the Internet and has no responsibility for the quality, authenticity, accuracy and legality of the information you obtain through the Internet.
· Filtering software is used to restrict access to illegal, offensive or inappropriate websites. We do not guarantee its effectiveness.
· Children and young people aged 15 or under must obtain written permission from their parent or guardian before they can use the Internet.
You must not intentionally access or transmit material that is illegal. This includes pornographic, defamatory and materials inciting racial hatred, websites depicting or inciting terrorist or criminal acts. You should be aware of your responsibilities under the Obscene Publications Act (1959 & 1964), the Telecommunications Act (1984), The Race Relations Act (1976 & 2000). You must not access or transmit material that may be deemed to offend; for example sites of extreme violence or depicting death or suicide.
· Any attempt to access prohibited or illegal sites, damaging the equipment or altering computer settings.
· Failure to notify staff immediately if you access a prohibited website in error.
· Printing material without complying with copyright law.
· If you feel that you have been unfairly treated while using the computers or the Internet or have been suspended unjustly, you
have the right to appeal any decision made.